St. John’s V.C. Bird Airport is an international airport located on the island of Antigua, northeast of St. John’s, the capital of Antigua and Barbuda. The airport handled almost 1 million passengers (2009) and is the hub for LIAT.
The airport was built as a United States Army Air Forces base around 1941, and named Coolidge Airfield. Upon the closure of the base in 1949 it became a civil airport. It was known as Coolidge International Airport until 1985, when it was named in honor of Sir Vere Cornwall Bird (1910–1999), the first prime minister of Antigua and Barbuda.