PLUNA Líneas Aéreas Uruguayas S.A. was the flag carrier of Uruguay. It operated scheduled services within South America, as well as unscheduled cargo and charter services from its hub at Carrasco International Airport. On 5 July 2012, the Uruguayan government decided to close the airline down and to liquidate it. The carrier was wholly owned by the government at the time of its closure.
The airline (Primeras Líneas Uruguayas de Navegación Aérea) was established and started operations in 1936. In 1951, the airline became a wholly government-owned company.